Researching what other bloggers write about efficiency and productivity gave me an idea to pinpoint down a kind of Manifesto of Efficient Daily Habits. Some kind of main areas with which I will try to help the startuppers live more efficient life.
You will say “duh, I already know that!” to many of them, but you would be surprised how much we tend to forget.
And one last comment. This is by no means a finished list. I will keep adding bullet points as I go along. Let me know if you see something missing already. I will be happy to include it on the list.
The main areas are …
- Know your Why – Why – Why – Why – Why are you doing what you are doing? What do you want to achieve? With whom do you want to achieve it? Why?
- Know that your mind controls your body, your behavior and ultimately your performance and efficiency. Smile!
- We all have 24 hours in a day
- We all die at some point (unless you turn to a Vampire, discover fountain of youth or invent elixir of youth)
- Every second, minute, hour of your life that just passed, passed forever
- Time you spend on doing things you love will create a Flow
- Time you spend on doing things you hate will turn to torture
- Know ‘Why’ you are doing things and you will use your time wisely
- Energy is the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity
- Energy’s synonyms are vitality, life, animation, vivacity, spirit, fire, passion, enthusiasm, spark, sparkle
- With energy you make things happen
- Without energy, you won’t make things happen
- Energy levels oscillate throughout the day
- Energy levels follow your biorhythm
- You need to make effort to observe and follow your energy levels and biorhythm
- 9 to 5 jobs don’t follow human biorhythm
- Energy is not bottomless
- You deplete your energy by performing physical or mental activity
- You need to replenish your energy to resume performing physical and mental activities
- Sleep, food and physical activity replenish energy for your body and brain
- Concentration is giving full attention to one task at hand
- Concentration helps finish the tasks faster
- Multitasking is the biggest BS invented by humankind
This is by no means a finished list. I will keep adding bullet points as I go along. Let me know if you see something missing already. I will be happy to include it on the list.
Inspired by Cluetrain Manifesto